There's a link to it on the tomcat resources page.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/resources.html

Here's a general list of what the book will contain.

1. setting performance requirements
2. building test plans
3. vm tuning options with benchmark results
4. performance consideration for data model, data
access
5. linux and solaris
6. sun and ibm vm
7. sample webapp (addressbook and recipe site)
8. jdbc benchmarks for oracle
9. tool for generating jmeter test plan from tomcat
access logs
10. tool for generating random data for the
adddressbook for benchmarking purposes
11. concrete examples of how to handle streams,
strings and so on.
12. SAX vs DOM performance (since the webapp uses XML
so readers don't have to install a database)
13. tips and tricks for tuning performance
14. SSL performance
15. XML hardware acceleration

I have tried to provide as much as I can and hopefully
when it's all done, people will find it useful. I'll
let remy speak for himself :)

peter lin