"Anecito, Anthony (HQP)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Peter,
>
> I also look forward to the book and have the same questions that Sean has.
> Also,
> 1. Will it cover Apache (i.e. clustering)?
Currently, clustering should be supported in TC 5.x.

> 2. JVM Tuning requirements for Tomcat or best JVM to use (i.e. IBM,
> JRocket)?
> 3. Performance monitoring using JMX?
TC 5.x currently has these out the ying-yang ;-).  Some of them have even
been migrated to the 4.1 branch (cvs HEAD, not current release).

> 4. Any recommended optimizations/patches that the OS should have for
Tomcat
Well, on Solaris you will crash and die if you don't include the
"recommendend patches".  Can't say much about other O/Ss.