snarlydwarf wrote: > WHY does Logitech have to give you an official release
date? Should I
> demand movie companies tell me the release dates of movies in final
> production?

I can't think of any movies where I bought a ticket months before it
came out.

I think that's the one true mistake Logitech made. When they took
pre-release orders for the product, they created an obligation for
themselves to keep those people apprised. Even though in most cases they
didn't charge credit cards immediately, it is important to some people
to have a reasonable idea when a charge will hit their card.

I'm not a pre-order customer, but it seems pretty clear to me that
Logitech hasn't done a very good job of keeping those people informed.

Everything else is just a public relations issue. There is always a
danger in having a "buzz" about a product that fails to meet an
anticipated schedule. And, to be honest, Logitech created that
anticipated schedule themselves when they "expected" release this
December.

It is just like poker. You think you have a pretty good hand and bet
accordingly. And then sometimes you lose.

So I think it is pretty honest appraisal to state that things haven't
gone the way Logitech originally planned. My opinion is they complicated
the situation when they procrastinated in publicly acknowledging the
delay. That just hasn't been handled well. There's been a post or two in
these forums from a Logitech employee stating it is now a February 2010
release but you still don't see any info on their main web page for the
Touch and - I may be wrong - it still doesn't sound like they've
officially notified the individual pre-order buyers.

Yes, it is just a consumer product and it'll get here when it gets
here, but I think it is safe to suggest this whole thing could have been
handled better.

Now that the soap opera "As The World Turns" is going off the air, this
has certainly made an interesting replacement. ;-)

--
mlsstl