usch;510935 Wrote:
> Can you set the type of display manually, or does it only rely on the
> proximity sensor? For example, what if somebody is sitting close to the
> Touch, while I want to read the Now Playing screen from the other side
> of the room?

I don't believe the proximity sensor is being used at all.  Switching
between the two is based on the type of input - a touch or an IR signal.
It's as simple as is gets.

During the beta the proximity sensor was tried and various logic
applied for things like using the IR in close proximity and switching to
the touch screen as the sensor was tripped (before actually being
touched).  It resulted in some odd behavior, like the screen switching
back and forth if you were using the IR at a distance near the limit of
the sensor.

One disadvantage to the current behavior is that if you've used the
touch interface and then sit back across the room, the display will stay
in the small/touch size.  You need to find the remote and use it in
order to get the display to switch back to the large/IR size.
Suggestions were to have a 'default' size that the screen falls back to,
but I think it's been decided to leave it simple for the time being.

--
JJZolx

Jim