usch;511232 Wrote:
> - Does the Small Text Skin always have "buttons" which take up valuable
> space, or do they appear only when the touch panel is actually used?

Yes, they're always on screen.  During the beta, hiding them was
attempted when using the remote within the range of the proximity sensor
(the two skins were at one time referred to as '3 ft' and '10 ft'), but
I think it got too complicated.  It led to things like the button bar
disappearing and not coming back when switching into touch mode.

> - Can you set the display to "scroll once, then stop" like you could on
> the old players?

No, there are no settings.  In Now Playing the scrolling (if necessary)
is continuous, with a pause (scroll speed and pause duration also not
configurable).  If more than one of the lines needs to scroll, then
they're done in sequence, which works well.

In most of the touch interface there is no scrolling at all.  I do see
it in Now Playing and in the title bar at the top.  For example, if you
browse into an artist and the name doesn't fit the title bar, then it
scrolls.  But album and track listings in the menu do not - they get cut
off.  In practice this isn't a big deal, as there's usually plenty of
available text to tell what's what.

The IR interface is a little different because there's always a
'currently selected' item in the menu.  The highlighted item does
scroll, if need be.

> - There don't seem to be any display settings for SqueezePlay on the
> player page of the SBS web interface. How do you display track numbers,
> year, and genre?

If you're running with a full Squeezebox Server (with the web
interface) then the title format selected for the server (Settings >
Interface > Title Format) will be the title format used on the Touch.
If you're running with the built in server (TinySC) then you can't set
the server's title format, so (at the current time) you're stuck with
the default TITLE and nothing more.

--
JJZolx

Jim