aubuti;510945 Wrote:
> In my experience that person would have to have to be practically
> sitting on the Touch
Would a cat sitting on the Touch be sufficient, too? :)

aubuti;510945 Wrote:
> or have his/her hand poised millimeters from the screen, to trigger the
> smaller font.
In that case there would be the opposite problem. I would normally
prefer the smallest font I can still read at a given distance, to get as
much information on the screen as possible.

JJZolx;511002 Wrote:
> I don't believe the proximity sensor is being used at all.  Switching
> between the two is based on the type of input - a touch or an IR signal.
> It's as simple as is gets.
To be honest, that's actually be the best solution IMO. Or maybe the
second best. There should simply be an IR command or menu item to switch
between font sizes, like on the old players. How does the Touch react
when you press the "Size" button on the old remote?

--
usch