aubuti;511130 Wrote:
> Then touch the screen, and you get the small font.
Hm. If I have to walk over to the unit and touch it every time after
using the remote, that makes the remote kind of pointless, doesn't it?

JJZolx;511134 Wrote:
> There _are_ two settings options for size, but I don't expect many
> people to use them.  Under Settings > Screen > Select Skin, there are:
>
> Touch Skin
> - Large Text Skin
> - Small Text Skin (default)
>
> Remote Skin
> - Large Text Skin (default)
> - Small Text Skin

Well, that's almost perfect then. It would be completely perfect if
there was a third setting: "Idle Skin" which would kick in after some
time without any user activity, like the "Idle brightness" on the old
players.

JJZolx;511134 Wrote:
> However, you might set the Remote Skin to 'Small', in which it never
> switches out of the small text skin. Some people might prefer that for
> the greater information on screen while using the remote, at the expense
> of visibility from a distance. Some beta testers have said they prefer
> this. I can only assume that they don't sit far from the screen, or else
> have very good eyesight.

Well, I've tried the Large Text Skin with the desktop SqueezePlay and
found it not too useful. 30% of the screen are lost to pointless
information (What is the big black bar saying "Now Playing" good for? I
can tell that it's playing because it is showing the Now Playing screen
and the progress bar is moving! And the progress bar could have been
much smaller, too.) and the remaining space is much too small to display
track/album/artist without truncation or the need to scrolling.

Some more questions, while I'm looking at it:

- Does the Small Text Skin always have "buttons" which take up valuable
space, or do they appear only when the touch panel is actually used?
- Can you set the display to "scroll once, then stop" like you could on
the old players?
- There don't seem to be any display settings for SqueezePlay on the
player page of the SBS web interface. How do you display track numbers,
year, and genre?

These might all be stupid questions to you beta testers, but I'm trying
to find out what to expect so that I am not too disappointed if I buy a
Touch. :)

--
usch