Phil Leigh;556787 Wrote:
> OK. My advice would be to put your music files onto a USB disk that is
> physically connected (via a USB port) to the computer (Fit/Atom etc)
> that is running SBS. I would then wire that computer to the router.
> This would all be outside of your listening room.
>
> Finally I would connect the Touch to the SBS computer via the router
> using wi-fi.
> This configuration SHOULD be trouble free (provided you can get good
> wi-fi signal strength from router to Touch) and will sound fine from an
> audio perspective.

Agree. I do basically this, with the only exception that my TOUCH is
connected via ethernet back to the local network router. Server is in a
back room closet, with attached USB drive containing music files). And
computer is connected via ethernet to the router. The TOUCH is with the
home theater setup. Same "hidden" server also serves music to my
TRANSPORTER in music listening room and BOOM in bedroom. Transporter &
Boom both connected via ethernet.

So to your point, getting noisy stuff out of the listening room is one
of the nice features of the SB players.  The server and disks can all
be elsewhere so long as you have a good connection between the SB
player and the server (either WIFI or ethernet).

--
garym