PasTim;654338 Wrote:
> Who introduced religion? I never suggested the sound quality would be
> improved by tweaking network settings, not did anyone on this thread as
> far as I can see.  I did say you could get transmission problems, and
> some people do, even with default settings.
>
> I was interested to try and resolve problems I had, and reported what I
> found, thinking other people might be interested.  Sure, if you don't
> like tinkering, don't, but some do, and some have to.
>
> It has been suggested elsewhere that reducing the load on the Touch can
> improve the sound quality, and the effect of transmitting PCM rather
> than FLAC is measurable (using ADM).  Whether one can hear a difference
> is a different matter.  That's not the topic of this thread.

No - that's wrong. ADM reports NO difference when flac or PCM is used -
at least that has always been my test result (with both Touch and SB3).
If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested to see it / try
and reproduce it.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.