----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Courtesy of My Nephew Jeff

> Dean Moore
> Fear God and keep His commandments/ trust Jesus

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 1/26/2004 12:53:25 PM
> > Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Courtesy of My Nephew Jeff
> >
> > Blaine:  Ol Jeff is out there trapping other street preachers, huh?  Not
> > unless they track him down, I would imagine, since Mormon missionaries
> > pretty much have to account to their supervisors where they go.  And they
> > are required to go in company with another Elder.  But, of course, all
> that
> > does not preclude them from talking to and trying to bring salvation to a
> > street preacher.  But at least Jeff is forewarned about some of THEIR
> > tactics, and being forewarned, is forearmed.  I say that is only fair,
> what
> > say Dean?
>
> Dean writes:
> If all things were even I would say you were right-but the problem is they
> are not -There is one truth not many truths and that is the Bible. It has
> stood for thousands of years without one prophecy failing
can you say the
> same for the BofM?In short- the Bible has proved itself where the BofM by
> your own admission has falsehoods in it-but of course you call that a test
> of faith. Sorta like your God lying to test you to see if you will lie- and
> if so -judge you for that same lie. How does it feel to know your God is a
> liar-He did the same with A&E in the garden-you should learn from their
> mistakes-the fruit was not good to eat.
>
>Blaine writes:  I can think of a lot of truths that are not found in the Bible, and a lot that are found in the BoM.   There are scientific truths--too many to count or discuss.  There are truths in art forms even.
There are many biblical prophecies about events that have not happened yet--what about them?  These are generally found in apocalyptic works, such as the Book of Daniel, the Book of Revelation, and the Book of 1 Nephi in the book of Mormon, which have to do with the last days.  You are saying they have already been fulfilled?