From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy:
I find it interesting that your nephew is stuck on the same question
as you.

DAVEH: I think most LDS folks are curious to know how Protestants
understand God's creation of Lucifer, the tree of knowledge of good and
evil and the relationship they have with the plan of salvation.  From our
perspective, those things are very important to our eternal progression.
From what I am hearing from TTers, it seems most Protestants believe
Adam's fall was an unfortunate incident that has caused a lot of grief for
everybody.  That is diametrically opposite of my belief.

Judy:In all the years I've been around believers I've never heard anyone
agonizing over the fall. I accept it as having taken place before I was born.

DAVEH:  But.....you do prefer that it had not happened, do you not?

Judy:
Makes no difference what I prefer and TTYTT I don't even think about it
in those terms.  It did happen and now I must deal with the reality.
I can't do much about them but God has made a way for me todo something
about me and since Jesus is the lamb slain before thefoundation of the world,
God took care of things before they happened.  What do you mean by
"eternal progression?"

DAVEH:  Eternal progression is the evolution from our spiritual birth to
eventually becoming one with God, and like God.  To do that, I believe
it was necessary for the fall of Adam to take place, and the grace of the
Lord to provide a pathway to salvation.

Judy:
Why was it necessary? God created man in His own image so if there had
been no fall there would be no need for any eternal progression?  and what
does the _expression_"tracted into" mean?

DAVEH:  Knocking on doors until you tract into a situation that is a bit
unusual.  I'll let Jeff speak for himself when he returns this summer, as I
suspect he will join TT again and you can ask him personally.

Judy:Has he been born again by the Spirit of God and is he a follower of the
resurrected Christ?  One who walks after the Spirit daily or is he just
another follower of Joseph Smith and his BofM?

You don't have to answer the above ... because if that were true he
would not be a Mormon missionary who is out there tracting.

DAVEH:  LOL........Ohhhhhh Judy, aren't you cheeky!

Judy:
Cheeky?  Why would you use that word?