Kevin wrote:
> I am just asking if any TTers were around when
> Jeff was on TT.  Did he have that squeaky clean
> LDS image or did you guys knew that he considered
> your statements as RIDICULOUS.

You think many of the Mormon statements are ridiculous, don't you?
Should it surprise you if Jeff would sometimes think that we make
statements that are ridiculous?  Whenever people from different
backgrounds attempt to communicate, the differences in basic underlying
assumptions will make what the other says appear to be ridiculous.  The
problem is that the underlying assumptions that lead to the statement
are not understood.

I found Jeff to be a bright young man interested in spiritual things.
He did not hide his surprise at some of our beliefs, nor did he hide the
fact that he found some of what we said to be ridiculous.  At the same
time, he was willing to discuss with us and not dismiss ideas without
some exploration.  Jeff and I actually came to agreement on the nature
of the Godhead, and he said that if the way I explained the Trinity was
indeed the Trinity, then he believed in the Trinity.  I was surprised at
that coming from a Mormon.  I think it serves as a testimony to his
basic honesty and willingness to think outside his Mormon box.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.