[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dean:
> As concerning the "Pastors" answer to Jeff-consider: Romans 9:20-29
> V. 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay,of the same lump to make
> one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
> 22. What if God ,willing to shew his wrath., and to make his power
> known, endured with much long suffering the vessels of wrath fitted
> to destruction:
>
> In short the Pastor was correct.God said that he had that right-would
> any here say He doesn't?

DAVEH:  I may be misunderstanding you, Dean.....Are you saying God created mortal
beings specifically for the purpose of being burned in hell to glorify Himself???
That to me seems to portray him as a dictatorial tyrant, and I would find it hard to
think
any Christian could believes their God of love would be so cruel.  Do other TTers view
God in this way???  And, is the attitude Jeff found in the Baptist preacher commonly
believed by Baptists and other Protestants?

Jeff wrote:
I asked him, "Why would God create somebody to send them to Hell?  Did he know that?

Him:  Of course.  God is Holy, He is just.  He knows everything.  That person was
CREATED to give Him glory by going to Hell.

--
Dave Hansen