Dean Moore
Fear God and keep His commandments/ trust Jesus

> Dean writes:
> I was here when Jeff was and when pressed He admitted to
> putting the BofM over the Bible-then tried to retract that statement-
> and of course he stated: I am only here to learn what protestants
> believe. He came here to learn how to defeat street preachers just
> before he was sent to N. Orleans. David Miller was warned-by me-
> of this at that time and ignore the warning-so Jeff was allowed to
> stay on-now street preachers have to deal with him...
>
> Judy:
> Well that's not all bad Dean, it will keep you guys on your toes.
Dean writes:
 If you were the on who has to answer these guided questions in front of
hundreds of lost people then you might be persuaded to have a synthetic
heart toward those who do. Consider a young preacher trying to lead the
lost to Christ and DaveH comes alone to ask the questions?
==============

> Dean:
> As concerning the "Pastors" answer to Jeff-consider: Romans 9:20-29
> V. 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay,of the same lump to make
> one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
> 22. What if God ,willing to shew his wrath., and to make his power
> known, endured with much long suffering the vessels of wrath fitted
> to destruction:
>
> In short the Pastor was correct.God said that he had that right-would
> any here say He doesn't?
>
> Judy:
> In Romans 9 before making the above statement Paul refers to Esau
> and Pharoah both of whom rejected God before he rejected them.
> Esau by selling the birthright for a mess of pottage and the Pharoah?
> How many chances to change his mind did God give that Pharoah?
Dean writes:
 True-but when fear of God came upon the Pharaoh-what did God do?He
hardened his heart due to the fact Pharaoh went to far into sin- as many do
today. In verse 23 it states:

What if God ,willing to make his power known, endured with much long
suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction  v.23 And that he
might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of  mercy,which he
had prepared unto glory.

 So then to punish sinners in hell-whom he foreknew would go to hell-
allows God to show His Glory by the mercy He has giving the saints? So to
put someone into hell is to show His glory. God's love was no longer
available to Pharaoh nor Esau-and wouldn't God know this from the
beginning? Yet without act the committing of the crime there is no
punishment for the crime-God knew they would commit the crime-sent them
here-and they in fact committed the crime. I believe the love of God was
available to them at one time-but He knew they would not accept that
love-hence a vessel fitted to destruction.Note: God also demonstrated his
power/glory by the plaques He sent upon Egypt.
=======

> The wisdom of God says "I love them that love me, and those that
> seek me early shall find me" (Proverbs 8:17). Whereas John Calvin
> taught that God created some people who he predestined for heaven
> and some who are predestined for hell.
Dean writes:
 I do not agree with J. Calvin as the sin must be committed before the
punishment and that Jesus died for all people- even Esau/Pharoah. Calvin
would condemn them before they even committed sin-but God alone decides
when to turn someone over to a depraved mind(reprobate-Romans 1-28).So yes
it would be best to seek Him early.
===============================

> Scripture teaches that vessels of wrath who are fitted for destruction
> have come to this juncture through their own ungodly choices.
>
> V.15
> For he saith to Moses. I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I WILL
> HAVE MERCY,AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I WILL
> HAVE COMPASSION.
>
> Judy:
> Paul here quotes Exodus 33:19 where God is telling Moses that he
> has found grace in His sight and Moses is interceding and asking God
> to go with them....
Verse 16-Teaches that it is not what man wants or does but God who shows
mercy. Nor is grace upon all men as David says.
>Rom 9:16 -
Adam Clarks writes:
So then it is not of him that willeth, etc. - I conclude, therefore, from
these several instances, that the making or continuing any body of men the
peculiar people of God, is righteously determined; not by the judgment,
hopes, or wishes of men, but by the will and wisdom of God alone. For
Abraham judged that the blessing ought, and he willed, desired, that it
might be given to Ishmael; and Isaac also willed, designed, it for his
first-born, Esau: and Esau, wishing and hoping that it might be his,
readily went, ran a hunting for venison, that he might have the blessing
regularly conveyed to him: but they were all disappointed - Abraham and
Isaac, who willed, and Esau who ran: for God had originally intended that
the blessing of being a great nation and distinguished people should, of
his mere good pleasure, be given to Isaac and Jacob, and be confirmed in
their posterity; and to them it was given. And when by their apostasy they
had forfeited this privilege, it was not Moses’ willing, nor any prior
obligation God was under, but his own sovereign mercy, which continued it
to them.

> Dean:
> Kinda goes against the grain of the "God loves everyone" camp huh?
>
> Judy:
> I don't think so... God did and does love everyone enough to make
> provision so that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall
> be saved even before the foundation of the world, we don't have to
> be blotted out of His book.

Dean writes:
Would you agree that in order to be blotted out of His book that one's name
must first be written in His book -thru Christ alone?

Yes the love of God was there at one time but some fail to repent and come
to the love.I would say that the Love of God is not one them but available
to them on conditions

John Wesley wrote:
Heb 12:17 -
When he would have inherited the blessing - When he wished to have the
lordship over the whole family conveyed to him, and sought it earnestly
with tears, he found no place for a change in his father’s mind and
counsel, who now perceived that it was the will of God that Jacob should be
made lord of all.
Heb 12:17 - He was rejected - He could not obtain it. For he found no place
for repentance - There was no room for any such repentance as would regain
what he had lost. Though he sought it - The blessing of the birth - right.
Diligently with tears - He sought too late. Let us use the present time.

Psa 5:5  The foolish1984 shall not3808 stand3320 in5048 thy sight:5869 thou
hatest8130 all3605 workers6466 of iniquity.205

J. Wesley wrote:
Psa 5:5 -
The foolish shall not stand - He is a fool and a madman who is running
himself out of breath for no prize, who is fighting against the Almighty;
this every wicked man does; therefore is every wicked man a fool and a
madman.
Thou hatest all workers of iniquity - Some sin now and then, others
generally; some constantly, and some labor in it with all their might.
These are the Workers of iniquity. Such even the God of infinite love and
mercy hates. Alas! what a portion have the workers of iniquity! the hatred
of God Almighty!

> Dean:
> Would this not go into the area that God called those whom he knew
> would answer and repent?
>
> Judy:
> God calls everyone.  "Many are called but few are chosen" The chosen
> are those who overcome by His grace.
Dean writes:
 Does "everyone" hear that call? Has everyone been preached to?
Romans 10:14
How then shall they call upon him in whom they have not believed? and how
shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they
hear without a preacher?

> "Stait is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life and few there
> be that find it"
Dean writes
Amen!