JD wrote:
> I speak as of a postulated "fact."  I could
> always be wrong  -- no denying that.

Well, it does get a little confusing.  First you say fact, now you say
postulated fact.  First you say there is no alternative, now you say there
might be an alternative that you have never considered.

JD wrote:
> Who determines that I (for example) have missed the
> intended meaning of any given passage?   Especially
> in view of the demonstrated fact that nothing that I
> believe in terms of theology is without biblical reference
> ..............................   nothing.

Who determines that you have missed the intended meaning?  The answer is
obvious, JD.  You do.  This is what humility is all about.  We hear our
brothers and sisters give their testimony, and when we find that our
understanding does not mesh with their understanding, we begin the
investigation to see whether we have it right or wrong.  We start by
determining the foundation for our viewpoint.  Is this something we know
infallibly, or could we be wrong.  Most of you guys can probably skip this
step because you do not believe there is anything that can be known
infallibly.  The next step is to consider the opposing viewpoint.  Does our
brother or sister know with a surety what they speak about, or are they
speculating?  What is the foundation for their viewpoint?  How does their
view fit in with passages that we might consider to be out of sync with
their viewpoint?  Ultimately, we are accountable to God and so we are the
ones who determine whether or not we got it wrong.

The Bible tells us how we can know those who are of the spirit of error, and
those who are not.

1 John 4:6
(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God
heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 John 2:19
(19) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of
us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they
might be made manifest that they were not all of us.