Nick:

We've developed an application in .NET using mv.NET to connect to UniData and
the
connectivity is screaming fast.  A complete .NET developer does all our
development
and we do all the dbms design and implementation.

The dbms development and connectivity gets done in no-time while the .NET takes
quite
a bit of time and requires a lot of patience.  :-)

Bill