On 2015-04-23 17:56, David Planella wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Milo Casagrande <m...@ubuntu.com
> <mailto:m...@ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>     How would the part of the "Ubuntu Translators have stated that they do
>     not have time" work?
>     Is there going to be a call for translations (knowing maybe in advance
>     the language that need to be 100%) and a request of commitment by
>     those language teams? It can be hard and demanding on the team, but
>     knowing in advance the teams that are willing to commit even with
>     short notice could help in having a more community translated phone in
>     the first place.
>
> Yes, I was thinking along those lines: doing a call for translations by
> a given milestone [1], perhaps with a signoff, similarly to what we do
> for language packs.

If I understand it correctly, this would be quite different compared to
how we deal with language packs. For the latter, before release, we
don't call for anything, but rather hope that the language teams
translate as much as possible. After release there are language pack
updates where we call for *testing*.

> I'd propose to keep it lightweight so that there is
> not too much work involved in paperwork (or wikiwork :), though.

Lightweight is good. ;)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj