Hello

Although the release date is unknown, maybe a tentative deadline could
nevertheless be provided, e.g., "translations committed before $DATE are
guaranteed to be included".  Then the developers have a string freeze
starting a few days before $DATE.  When the phone can be released at any
date ("soon"), the developers should probably not be committing changes to
the user interface (and thus strings) anyway.  Would this be feasible?

The reason is that a lot of us have the motivation to do a job before a
fixed date, but not the time to keep it continuously at 100% with proper
review procedures after that date.

For the first release, many strings and perhaps even entire modules were
added after our initial translation deadline.  I assume this was because it
was the first release and things were not as well under control as they
will be during subsequent ones.

Best regards
Ask