On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At 05:53 PM 3/21/01 +0100, you wrote:
>>I see that the list software now appends [unicode] to all subject
>>lines.  This is very annoying, and not very useful, since those who
>>wish to filter their mail and put posts from this list in a folder
>>of its own etc. etc. can now do so by using other headers, such as
>
> This is not supported on all mail clients.

It is supported by all except for the most badly broken mail clients.
A mail client with no ability to sort mail at all is broken, and one
that is clever enough to sort based on the subject but not any other
header even more so.  There are many, many decent (and free) mail
clients available, and there is no reason why the rest of us should be
made to suffer to accommodate those who can't be bothered to download
one.

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Is it FUN to be a MIDGET?