In a message dated 9/26/2007 7:20:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

According to Google, Lieutenant John McCurdy has been a distinguished  Police
Officer for 22 years and a Lieutenant.  Nothing to be sneered at  to be sure.

The point I was making was that this Philadelphia police officer was
identifying himself with a standard-issue UCD business card. Fostering the
notion
that UCD has responsibility for the police powers of a bona fide  government
agency.

His use of these cards, rather than City of Philadelphia identification, is
poor judgement on his part -- a distinguished officer though he may be.

I seriously doubt that the Police Commissioner will take this  lightly.

UCD's providing of these cards to him is one more step -- admittedly small,
but a step nevertheless -- in that organization's attempts to create a level
of  authority in the neighborhood between the citizens and their duly
constituted  government.

Al  Krigman
Left of Ivan Grozny