> There's a simple solution to abusive comments: IGNORE THEM!

Right , that's what Vesa suggested .

> The destructive atmosphere builds up because we tend to react (quite
> naturally).

Yes , and some are very , very sensitive too , it seems .

> Let's remind ourselves that this list is an exchange of ideas,
> resources and assistance.  Should someone step beyond this, it's better
> (and more effective) to ignore.  Allow the atmosphere to dissipate
> rather than polarize.

  So right , with Vesa's suggestion to "Cool it" comes another
barrage of attacks . Very odd .

> With apologies to Garry, he's been a long-time contributer to this
> list, but also has those destructive episodes.  So: there is some good,
> with bad.  As long as we maintain a balance, any excesses can be
> absorbed...

No apologies required . I have very little in my life to be
sensitive about (except for that one time in Samoa ... but
that's another story) .

> I'm sure Vesa has already contacted Garry about this situation.
> Amir

  Actually no, Vesa took the time to contact all of us at once by
posting his sentiments to this list . That was enough for me ,
but for some it seems it was an invite to flame away , at will .

Kind of bizzare , if you ask me .

Garry