> On behalf of everyone, I apologize, and we REALLY need you. :-)
> [...]

I just checked and your name appears in the official web site as a committer,
so you are a member of the team. But not everyone is going to check. You should
not expect your users to go and read the Apache documentation. If I did that
with every open-source project I use, I would not have time to do anything else.

The NetBeans team needs to properly manage this mailing list. You need to
clearly counter annoying comments. You need to isolate and if necessary remove
onerous people. You need to clearly indicate who is an official team member and
who is not, either with a project e-mail address, or with a proper e-mail
signature.

Otherwise, aggravating behaviour will quickly taint your reputation.

If you are not prepared to do this, it could be better to close the mailing
list until you can, or maybe move it somewhere where it is clearly labelled as
"unofficial" or "users help other users". In my opinion, it is better to admit
that the current team members are not looking much at the mailing list, or do
not care too much about it, rather than giving a false impression about how the
team communicates.

Regards,
  rdiez