On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 14:16, Tom Arilla <tmaril...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Look Neil, one person called it "the most viewed IntelliJ issue", you called
> it "essential to *whom*?!", very well, but it is just few lines of easy code,
> practically zero maintenance.
> Do you see any similarities? Can you show me one case of such an attitude of
> IntelliJ devs towards their users?

I can show you that attitude in practically every single software
project - prioritise bugs and features that affect the most users.
That specific NetBeans bug had few votes and no duplicates.  So what
do you expect should be done in those cases?  I had issues accepted
and fixed, and issues rejected, in the old bug tracker.  And I expect
the same going forward.  What gets prioritised for development in any
project should not come down to who shouts that their issue is
"essential" the loudest!

And this is not the IntelliJ project, so just because an issue is the
most viewed there doesn't correlate with it being important to users
here.

If you think something is essential, explain why and find people who
agree.  That is all that I am saying.  I'm wondering why you find that
so controversial?

Best wishes,

Neil