In Apache projects, we are all members of the team together, including you.
:-)

Indeed, we do need to manage the mailing list together, and that includes
you, especially when you write "I am also concerned about the NetBeans
project and have noticed a certain degree of carelessness in the past" --
to me, that means that you're going to be actively contributing to Apache
NetBeans, since otherwise your concern is just words, we need action, we
need you to consider joining the NetCAT program, for example, and help out
identifying and fixing bugs:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+10.0+Participants

Consider that every time I respond to an e-mail is time I could be spending
on identifying and fixing bugs, the same for you, the same for anyone else.

Yes, we are prepared to properly manage the mailing list -- but are you
prepared to properly participate in the project?

Thanks,

Gj