On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 11:00, R. Diez <rdiezmail-netbe...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I cannot remember that he said this was an essential issue.

Well, he did.

> I only stepped in because I do not like the way the original poster was been
> treated.

And I only stepped in because I did not like how people who are
volunteering their time to this project were being treated! ;-)  Let's
keep it civil and constructive, we can all hopefully agree on that ..

.. the bit that interests me is this.

> But anyway, now that the project is under Apache, I would find it interesting
> to know how the project actually prioritises issues at the moment. Is there a
> "board of prioritisers", and who sits there?

If there is, you're on it!

> The Ubuntu Launchpad platform has a "this bug affects me too" button. Bugs
> with many users get a flame icon. That gives you an indication whether many
> people are affected.

As a long term Ubuntu user I'm aware of this (and unfortunately how
often it also gets ignored! :-) ) but from a UI point of view it's
better.  Both the old and new issue trackers have a voting link, but
do users use them, does the project really take account of them, etc.
etc.?  Very few people voted on the issue that kicked off this thread
for example.  But why?  Either it wasn't important, or people missed
the ability to vote on it, or assumed that wasn't useful?  eg. did you
not see the issue, or did you choose not to vote on it?

So, yes, from a web / infra point of view, improving signposting and
visibility of "this affects me too" might be a good thing to work on.

Best wishes,

Neil