Marco:

Answers to your comments below:

Yes, it is sufficient to answer one or two messages directly to the original
poster.  However, I am not nor
will I ever be, in the 'business' of answering questions for OpenOffice.org.
This is exactly what happens when
folks are of the opinion that we are a paid support staff and not volunteers.
That is why I made the comment about redoing the
the readme to ensure that users of OpenOffice.org are aware that this is an
Open Source project, not affiliated with Sun
Microsystems and that support is completely voluntary and at the digression of
those who read and reply
on the mailing list.  Adding web forums or other forms of archival retrieval
with a web page at OpenOffice.org would
go a long way to let a new user know that there is support and an archive of
prior postings.  Also, it may allow someone
who does not want to subscribe to answer questions and provide assistance.  The
problem is not the method of support
but rather that folks think because OpenOffice.org was started by Sun that we
are providing support on a paid basis.

And I don't want to eliminate the mailing list either, I just want to make it
more useful.  Answering the same question
fifty times does get to you (and I had to do this at my workplace when I worked
in a call center.)

Anyone want to design a user help page (or is there one there already that we
can use for this purpose)?

James McKenzie