Robert Smits wrote:
On Saturday 06 January 2007 16:34, Harold Fuchs wrote:
I really don't think we ought to be inflicting that kind of punishment on some poor soul even if they
couldn't be bothered to read the FAQs.

Like not top posting?

Let's please not get into a discussion of top posting vs bottom posting. Especially since there doesn't seem to be anything (that I can find) in the posting guidelines that promotes one over the other. I found this from the Mailing Lists - Guidelines page ( http://www.openoffice.org/ml_guidelines.html )

"Replying
When replying to other people it is customary to intersperse your response with their questions, both so you can answer the actual question that was asked, and so everyone else has some idea what you are talking about. It is also customary to limit your quoting to the minimum possible to get your point across. Take the time to be considerate, remember those subscribers who have slow, expensive connections."