bill purvis wrote:
OK, I now have OpenOffice 2.3 installed. It opens existing files up
but cannot find the 'mysql-java' JDBC Driver. I have tried uninstalling
mysql-java and re-installing it, but no joy. It simply comes up with
'unable to connect to database MSS' and reporting that the
class 'com/mysql/jdbc/Driver' cannot be loaded.

Any suggestions?

Bill
Sure - you have to tell OpenOffice.org where the driver is located. You can find a detailed description of the steps at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Connect_MySQLandBase

Drew