Hi all
First personl computer was one i built myself using a cmos chip the 6102. i built 1 k of memory using 2102's *8 . Burnt my own 1702 from a burner built by me as the bootstrap. It was amazing what we could fit into 1k of memory, including an assembler apart from the keyboard and video routines. those were the days. My first commercial was a Exidy sorcerer with 48k of ram WOW. On this i first had 2 8" floppy drives each floppy holding (I cant remember how much )but i used 1K sectors to get more on the diskette. we wrote our own drivers for the drives then.
Ross
James Knott wrote:
noranross wrote:
hi all
it seems there are a few of us here who started in the old paper tape and punch card days of very early machines.Mine were Honeywell.

I worked on many different systems, but my first personal computer was an Imsai 8080, which I bought 31 years ago.