We'll have to agree to disagree.  To me it is clearly racially charged
language and you are cherry picking your sources.  Here's a well researched
and documented article from a medical journal on the topic with expert
citations: https://jmla.pitt.edu/ojs/jmla/article/view/490  The abstract
says it very well: "This commentary addresses the widespread use of racist
language in discussions concerning predatory publishing. Examples include
terminology such as blacklists, whitelists, and black sheep. The use of
such terms does not merely reflect a racist culture, but also serves to
legitimize and perpetuate it."

I am proud to say I voted for this issue and support it as social
issue, not a political issue.  However, I didn't do so unilaterally because
that's not how projects at Apache work.

When the time comes for a 4.0 release, we, meaning the project management
commitment, will follow our well documented voting procedures to create and
approve a release announcement.  I have no interest in causing strife but
if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I will call it a duck.
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation