On 04/10/2011 19:22, Kris Deugau wrote:
Frank Leonhardt wrote:
Here's the problem:

I have a single mail server (not commercial) using sendmail to accept
incoming mail from all sources, and filtering using spamassassin. It
also accepts mail from roaming users - encrypted mail using port 465 and
authenticating users with SASL, and is expected to relay this. It all
works fine except that the trusted mail goes through the milter like any
other, and if it's coming from a dodgy location there's a danger that SA
will block it. (This happens - sent from a WiFi hotspot, non-static DSL
or mobile network that's been blacklisted everywhere).

Is there an easy way I can treat trusted mail differently?

Configure whatever actually calls SA to not do so on authenticated mail.

This is possible with MIMEDefang, may be possible with amavis. I can't say about other milters - you don't say how you're calling SA from sendmail.

FWIW, this general answer applies no matter where in the mail chain you're calling SA - if you don't want it scanned, configure whatever calls SA to skip the call on whatever conditions you want. Whether you *can* actually configure <x> to do this is another matter.

Thanks Kris, Kelson and Noel - pretty unanimous answer - just don't call the milter for stuff on 465! Unfortunately I don't know how to achieve this, but I'll go off and do some research now I know what I'm trying to find.

Regards, Frank.

--
Sent from my Cray XT5