On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:44 AM Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:24 AM Daniel Sahlberg
> <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If "only providing outdated versions" is a reason for de-listing then sadly
> > both CollabNet and WANdisco should go (at least when 1.10 is EOL). I can
> > edit the website but I'd appreciate if anyone else in PMC would give their
> > opinion on policy.
>
> My recommendation is we discuss and create a policy, add it to the
> page and then we can enforce it. I would expect the policy would be
> related to providing our LTS version and the only question is whether
> we want to require the latest LTS version be made available or just
> that one of our still supported LTS versions is available. Perhaps the
> latter could be an exception if there is some OS that cannot support a
> newer LTS for some reason.

Some websites have a link to "older releases" which are listed on a
separate page. Instead of removing mention of binaries, we could move
them to a separate page (called "older 3rd party binaries" rather than
"older releases" since they're not our binaries). That page could have
a prominent note about the disadvantages of running older unsupported
releases, but leave the choice in the user's hands. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Nathan