On 4/6/20 2:13 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
# Secure your proxy - localhost for now - this is IMPORTANT
<Proxy "*">
   Require ip 127
</Proxy>

Dear Mr. Eggers:

It seems I was right about how what you said about this, and what the docs say about it, appeared to contradict each other: with that in the VirtualHost with the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives, it blocked all outside access through the proxy.

Once I commented out those lines, I got proxied straight to the default ROOT context.

Then, when I reactivated the valve in the manager app, I found that I was still able to get into it via the proxy, but not directly.

I've now put this in
<Proxy "https://qux.baz.com/manager";>
 Require ip xx.yy.zz.qq
</Proxy>
<Proxy "https://corge.bax.com/manager";>
 Require ip xx.yy.zz.qq
</Proxy>

where xx.yy.zz.qq is my office IP address. I could get in just fine. Then I changed the IP address to something different, restarted my browser, and I could still get in. I also tried it with "/*" on the ends of the URLs, and with "/html" on the ends, and with "/html/*" on the ends. I also went back to the original "*" on one of them, and it went back to locking me out of everything. Something doesn't seem right here.

--
JHHL