On 4/8/20 3:52 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
<Proxy "*">
    Require ip 127
</Proxy>

Dear Mr. Eggers (et al.):

I'm still not clear on what that even *does* (and the official docs leave me even more confused: "only allow hosts in . . . to access content via your proxy"); could you (or somebody else) explain it? Remember, while I may be (deservedly or otherwise) a guru on getting Tomcat running on an IBM Midrange box, I have no illusions about having the slightest clue what I'm doing with httpd. Yesterday, I was tearing my hair out because certbot wasn't working, only to discover that I had a malformed VirtualHost.

And as to vendor-supplied installations, I agree with you. I'm rather irritated with the "Debianism" of splitting Tomcat up so completely that webapp contexts can be in at least two different places, and the general "Linuxism" of *not* including manager and host-manager (although I've never needed the latter) in the basic installation, and sometimes not even including a default root.

--
JHHL