don't agree at all of course.  ;-)  and i'm going to give you about the same
stock answer i always give: if you're repeating yourself, stop doing that.

writing redundant form code?  writing redundant validators?  think.  use OO
design patterns.  it's amazing what you can do with objects.  at thoof i
never wrote validation code.  we adopted the sun constraint library more or
less as described in this video:

http://londonwicket.org/content/LondonWicket-BeanEditor.mov