Oh my God. You started off so nicely, I was caught completely unprepared for
the blow :)

Let's get a few things straight, then: I have used Wicket in a couple of
small projects in the past, and really really liked it. I read the excellent
and highly recommended "Wicket in Action" (I bought it via the MEAP
program). I read it cover to cover. I am familiar with Wicket extensions,
Wicket-stuff, and Wicket to Spring integration.

In fact, had you done what you advocate I should do - which is to take a few
minutes and read my posts in this thread - you would have noticed that my
point was that I am not familiar with JSF, and was looking for people who
have used both and can give me their feedback. Furthermore, you would have
learned that I was in fact trying (very hard, I might add) to convince my
current management to use Wicket and not JSF as the framework for the next
generation of our product (which is, I will risk an estimate, somewhat more
than 8 hours of work. More likely a year or two for a team of 3-4 people).

I was only trying to gather arguments to support using Wicket in favor of
JSF, while making a minimal effort to be objective. I think that as a
technologist, and unlike some religious evangelist, I need to at least try
to support my opinions with empirical data, instead of just dismissing JSF
because it is the work of Satan :)

Now, will you please try to calm down, and have a nice day :)

Naaman