On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 13:44 -0700, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> I like the way Debian has changed Apache. Enabling and disabling sites
> and modules seems much more intuitive to me than how non-Debian-based
> operating systems handle it. Also, having an /etc/apache2/apache.conf
> makes more sense than /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf. Isn't /etc/ for system
> configs? Why make yet another config directory beneath it? Just my
> opinion though.

In general, I like Debian's approach to Apache, but it threw me for a
loop at first. My first experience with Apache was installing it from
source on HP-UX. Debian's approach is pretty different from that.

If you look at /etc/httpd/ you'll discover symlinks for things like
logs/ and modules/. This is a direct result of Apache's preference for
locating _everything_ under ServerRoot. In other words,
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf is related to normal from source behavior of
Apache.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden