From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
David Chittenden
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2013 12:47 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Bad experience with iTunes Store support regarding app refund

You manage it the same way you manage it with a PC. You contact the developer.
If the developer has specifically addressed accessibility, they will tell you.
If not, they will say no, or they will not know what you are talking about. You
then take the chance, or you don't take the chance.

The only difference is, with the PC, you have about a 10% chance that the
software will be accessible. If it isn't, you wasted your money, because the
software cannot be returned once you open it. I used to give it away as gifts
to people I knew would like it.

With iOS, unless it's a game, or a very graphically intensive app, you have a
66% chance it will be somewhat accessible. These odds are the best I have had
in the computer marketplace, so I do occasionally take chances. And yes, I have
lost a couple hundred dollars over the past three years because I have
purchased apps that ended up not being accessible.

If you don't want to take any chances, use our crowd-sourcing option, applevis.
Remember that we have a very small user base, so our crowd-sourcing is quite
limited.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288