The whole makemaker / extutils / install / module builder thing
is a work in progress (it is a piece of work, too...)

I've started to learn a bit about this.

I have found the dependency messages helpful.

Have a look at

meta.yml

to help visualize the dependency tree. I'm suspect some
modules use this information.

Carl Friedberg
Comet & Company
165 William St 9 NY NY 10038