Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> $ cd extutils-autoinstall-0_63
>> $ perl makefile.pl
>> Can't locate object method "new" via package
>> "Module::Install::autoinstall" (per
>> haps you forgot to load "Module::Install::autoinstall"?) at
>> inc/Module/Install.p
>> m - /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Module/Install.pm line 269.
>> %SYSTEM-F-ABORT, abort
>> $
>>
>> This was all encountered on a vanilla install of the HP 5.8.6 kit.
>
> Oh, someone's probably not quoting the module name on the command line.
> Yeah, that's exactly it.  I'll fix that.

I'm not sure what the exact code in MI is causing the above as I don't know
what version of MI 5.8.6 comes with or what hacks they've applied, but I've at
least gone through and fixed all the command line quoting problems I could see.

Let's start using MI from the repository so we're all in sync.
https://svn.openfoundry.org/modinstall/trunk/Module-Install/

Give that a shot, please.