Michael G Schwern wrote:
Mark Berryman wrote:
Determining a module's dependencies is not the problem.  In fact, I had
already installed all of this particular module's dependencies before I
even attempted to install the module.  Attempting to install the module
results in the following:
$ perl makefile.pl
==> ExtUtils::AutoInstall 0.52 required. Install it from CPAN? [Y/n] n
Can't locate ExtUtils/AutoInstall.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
perl_root:[lib.
VMS_AXP.5_8_6] perl_root:[lib] perl_root:[lib.site_perl.VMS_AXP]
perl_root:[lib.
site_perl] /perl_root/lib/site_perl .) at makefile.pl line 34, <STDIN>
line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at makefile.pl line 46, <STDIN> line 1.
%SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHFILE, no such file
$

Obviously, I can't install it directly from CPAN

Sorry, this isn't obvious to me.  Why can't you let it install from CPAN?

I was in reference to the CPAN module which automatically downloads and installs modules from CPAN which doesn't work on VMS, not the manual process of fetching from CPAN and installing it yourself. If you do have automatic install from CPAN working, please tell me how.
Also, what module are you trying to install so I can play along at home.

Apache::AuthenSmb. However, one of the prerequisites for this module is Authen::Smb which is probably one of the worst done modules I've ever encountered. Contact me offline if you want to try to install it.

Mark Berryman