Jones,
I agree about your statement about supporting LENR. I do think that just
now Rossi is the best shoot we have. Worship is not involved. Neither does
an opinion (or lack thereof) imply anything about the quality of others in
this group or outside.
I do disagree that LENR will will be regarded as valid if Rossi fails. You
 are saying that LENR is valid anyhow. That might be true but it will be
more uphill than it has so far - I think we agree that it is too much
slanted the wrong way already?
I do not know Rossi. I think from what I have read that he has qualities,
which I easily can recognize That is not making sure that his statements
are built on solid ground (integrity). There are many (most) entrepreneurs
/ risk-takers that have a high level of integrity, unfortunately the
opposite exists also. The same as with scientists.
You that Rossi will not succeed. I believe and hope he succeed.Our
differences in that regard does not matter much. It is what it is and I
have patient and will wait and see the outcome.
As we made no bet ( I do not even want to) there is no personal gain if I
am right. Therefore I really should just say nothing. What worries me is
that you think Rossi will fail and even indicate some kind of gleefulness
over that. First of all it has no more validation than the issues you are
questioning about Rossi, secondly and more important it will hurt LENR's
future.
Nobody needs con-artists. However, they are everywhere and are hard to sort
out, they would not be con-artist if they where, by definition. I see no
reason to judge one person just before he says he will give us evidence. At
least wait until you hear the excuses and the blaming of others.
I like your  sentence in the end end; "In short, no one can be sure that
Rossi is not the hi-tech messiah that his loyal fans seem to believe.
Either way, we should know fairly soon." I just think it is far from being
a fan or worship.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)