From: Jed Rothwell

*       Let me put it this way. A few years ago you and others were predicting
that Rossi would soon be found out as a fraud, and he would disappear.

Nonsense. Rossi admitted his many tax and fraud crimes in Italy from the start
- and there was no prediction that he would “disappear.” He is good at what he
does, which is exaggerate the good results and hide the null results - and he
will be around for as long as there are gullible idealists to finance his
escapades.

BTW, if we want to bring up past accuracy of predictions, you thought Andrea
Rossi was a women when he first surfaced.

In point of fact, I have maintained from the start that Rossi has seen excess
heat, but that he is building a financial scam on top of an energy anomaly that
goes back to Piantelli and Mills. This is not a fine point but you fail to
understand the difference. As a good experimenter, how could he not find what
Mills teaches, and has patented?

*       You were not predicting that powerful, experience people such as the
ones at IH would be putting millions into his R&D.

Neither were you. There are more gullible investors out there than I can
imagine. Hat’s off to Rossi for latching on to one with lots of money and
apparently more patience than most.

                Are you not taken aback at this turn of events? Do you not feel
a little less confident in your condemnation of Rossi?

Not at all. If you would take the time to actually read other people’s
postings, you would see that my concern has always been that Rossi was hiding
the same problem as everyone else who has ever done successful Ni-H work –
which is unreliability. I have said over and over that Rossi has built a
financial scam on top of a real anomaly and that it exactly correct.
*
*       You stick to your predictions as if nothing has happened.

My prediction, as it has been from the start, is that Rossi will not share
results since he has not been able to overcome the problem of quiescence. He
would be incompetent if he could not do what Thermacore accomplished in 1993
with Ni-H, and he is far from incompetent as an experimenter. He has done what
Thermacore and Mills did and gotten about the same amount of gain, but he was
exaggerated the level of gain significantly. He has not shown that he has
conquered the quiescence problem by adding multiple units, but perhaps he has.

                Maybe you are right. I wouldn't know. But I would not be so
self assured if every prediction I made for the last several years apparently
turned out to be wrong.

I did not realize that all of your predictions been wrong. I was pretty sure
that most were, but surely you have hit on a few that turned out to be correct?
*
*       The only thing I know for sure about Rossi is that over the years
several experts have tested his systems in his absence, and they have confirmed
that the machines sometimes produce kilowatt levels of excess heat.

Whoa. That is my prediction, not yours. Rossi can certainly sometimes produce
kilowatt levels of excess, just as could Thermacore and Mills, but as often as
not – he will get no excess heat and send visitors home empty-handed. He does
not understand the reaction. Neither does anyone else.

Jones

For the record, let’s you and I make predictions for the upcoming Rossi report
and address the following issues:

1)      Will a formal report come out which can be independently verified or
will it be compromised and essentially meaningless?
2)      Will the report identify the “customer” and can this company be
contacted for verification of details?
3)      Will the performance (COP) be accurately determined and averaged over
time?
4)      Will the COP be high like 5-12 as AR has repeated claimed? Identify the
level of average gain expected.

I think this exercise will determine who has the better grasp of this situation.