Many thanks Axil it's a very good paper and both you and Mark in your two

It's very very interesting that Hawking radiation could be generated from
plasmons in this way.

I still need to study it in detail but I notice that they say that these
cavities can work with light of any frequency not just infra red and optical is
in normal lasers. Does this literally mean it can absorb high energy gamma as
well? Or are they emphasising it can work at other higher frequencies than IR
and Optical but not necessarily up to gamma.

I'm curious because as far as I can see with normal plasmons the plasma
frequency is a few eV 15 eV for Nickel for example. This may be increased
slightly if the nickel atoms are heavily ionised some how but still would be In
the 10 or low 100s eV maximum. This is due to the sqrt relationship electron
density in metals. Even if we take Dirac plasmons into account and the material
is generating 2D or 1D electron flow the plasma frequency drops slightly due to
a more reduced effect of the electron density. So wouldn't plasmons not absorb
photons above the plasma frequency energy?

If what I say above is correct then only degenerate materials such as occur in
White dwarf stars would have sufficient electron density to have a plasmon
frequency in the 1 keV or 10s keV range maybe up to a hundred or so keV range
maximum.

Interestingly it could be that UDH and UDD with atomic separations of a few pm
could maybe have sufficient electron density for this. This might be important
to Holmlids. Results if UHD is implicated directly or if it surrounds nano
clusters thereby containing  emissions below a few 10s keV within. This could
be important for K shell electron stimulation, auger X Ray emission or nucleus
stimulation effects.

(I wonder if UDH and UDD is in some way a little piece of a white dwarf star!
;) )

But if I understand right even degenerate matter would not absorb gamma in the
MeV range.

Is this correct or is the absorption due to another process or is the electron
density enhanced massively somehow due to cavitation I wonder. Or is it only a
analogue black hole to light below these plasma frequency frequencies? To be
fair probably I need to study the paper more to fully understand what I am
missing.

Even lower energy plasma frequency and light absorption could be important even
if it extends only to low energy X-rays or UV. And similar Hawking radiation
effects could still be relevant. This could also still have an impact on
electron transmission emission from atoms and absorption perhaps leading to
atomic scale stimulation effects especially in the bulk. Or Bremsstrahlung at
the most intense low energy frequencies perhaps leading to electron plasma
thermal excitation.