Terry, if you're doing a repro of any of Ron's circuits, I have a suggested power measurement. This is a pretty obvious suggestion, I think, and you're probably already 'way past this level, but none the less if you should check this, I'd be interested in hearing the results. (You may already be using a more accurate/reliable way to measure power-out from the SG -- this is just kind of a place to start.)

I assume you're driving it from a signal generator or oscillator. An interesting number would be power coming out of the SG. To that end:

a) Float the SG (if it's not already floating). Run it from batteries; if it requires AC power, plug it into a UPS and unplug the UPS ('course I'm assuming you've got a UPS sitting around the house, but with so many computers in use that's not unusual these days). (Of course, it's possible that the lights will go out as soon as you float the SG, which would also be interesting!)

b) Connect a small resistor directly to the output terminal of the SG from which the "hot" wire comes. Connect all loads to the end of that resistor.

c) Connect one scope channel across the SG terminals, and the other across the resistor, to get simultaneous voltage and current measurements. Of course, these measurements should be made /at the SG/, in front of anything which might be acting as an antenna.

The product (which the scope might be able to compute) should give the power out; of course that's instantaneous, and getting an accurate integral of it may still be a challenge.

If you've got a true RMS voltmeter that might help.

Terry Blanton wrote:
Well, my L.E.D. lit up right away and brightened when I extended the
open lead on the secondary of the Xfmr.  It should peak at 377 Ohm.
Go figure.

Terry