My skeptic detector keeps ringing.

Seriously, the 'evidence' against him is some vague sense you get at the way
get gets mad doesn't 'feel' right?

What if I said that someone else was almost certainly correct cause I had a
good feeling about them?

When evidence to debunk something lacks skepticism turns to subtle intuitive
forces!

Face it, explaining this away has pretty much come down to "He's a fraud and
powering it in some really effective sneaky way" since artifact has been
rather solidly ruled out within reason.