Greetings Harbach,

Considering the fact that many of my recent Vort contributions have
typically turned into multi-page essays I'd have to say you took my
criticism quite well. I was expecting that you would either dismiss or
"trash" my critique. You proved me wrong!

Regarding:

> And then NOT discounting that we likely would all tend to have a
> quasi-remotely viewed/telepathic gestalt-link to our adjacent-parallel
> selves in those parallel/adjacent time-line/universe-lines; then the
> perceptual confusion/distortion would be even more compounded.

The subject material contained within this complex sentence structure alone
is capable of being expanded into several volumes on the nature of
experience. FWIW, you might want to do some practice writing sessions where
you focus on a particular portion of a subject thread. Narrow things down a
tad; elaborate on a narrower spectrum of specifics. Might be less confusing
that way.

FWIW, since we are discussing avant-garde experiences of the controversial
kind:  I once asked a modern day shaman (a contemporary witchdoctor) about
my earlier adult experience, the one I recently recounted to Terry Blanton
on the experience of my own symbolic "death" followed by a sudden rebirth of
consciousness. See vort post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/msg33703.html

It was explained to me, by this shaman, that what I had experienced was the
merging of two, possibly three probability threads that had come together -
as perceived by my consciousness. It was further explained to me that my
essence was well aware of the funky "rut" I was in, and had initiated
optimal conditions that would allow me to instinctively permit the merging
to happen. Presumably, the merging was "initiated" when I brought my Honda
civic to a stop at an intersection at the end of Midvale boulevard. It seems
obvious that symbolism plays a strong role in the initiation of such
transformative experiences.

I should stress the obvious here, that the recounting of this "story" as
interpreted to me by the modern day witchdoctor would be perceived as
nothing more than fertile fantasy as perceived through the filters of
objective western oriented sensibilities. Perceived from a western-objective
POV one has every right to question its validity. After all, how DOES one
interpret... how does one go about validating such a profoundly felt
subjective experience of this nature!

Some might be prone to ask: Well, Steve, may I ask you, do you *really*
believe that's what happened to you? My answer: Yes, you may ask...

It would appear that one of the most profound realizations I seemed to have
learned so far is the understanding that the only thing I can take as an
absolute in my perceived sense of existence is my consciousness. Everything
else is up for grabs.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com