>From Robin and Abd:

>> Actually none of this is necessary. If it is posted on his own
>> website, then all you need on LENR-CANR.org is a URL pointing to
>> it iso to your own web site. It wouldn't matter in the slightest
>> to the rest of the world where the actual document resides.
>
> Robin has a point. Whenever, for whatever reason, you cannot host a
> document, having a URL posted to where the document is hosted would
> be useful. This could be to the sites of publishers, as with many
> peer-reviewed papers you list but don't host for lack of permission,
> or to other hosts.
>
> If you would agree, perhaps some of us could edit sections of your
> bibliography HTML to add links; links to original publishers might be
> useful in any case, whether or not you host the actual paper, and
> send these sections to you to use. Or whatever would be easiest for you.
>
> Otherwise someone could create a page or pages with those links for
> all LENR-CANR.org papers, and host it. Big job, actually, but it
> doesn't have to be done by only one person. I certainly wouldn't do
> this alone, but if anyone wants to volunteer, I could facilitate it
> and provide, somewhere, hosting for it.

It's not completely clear to me if Abd is asking Dr. Swartz or Mr.
Rothwell these hypothetical questions.

FWIW, whose "...some of us"? Who in their right mind would agree to
open themselves up to potential harassment and potential lawsuits, as
well as the amount of money one could end up spending defending
themselves, simply by trying to "edit" the text of another person who
by many accounts does not appear to be very easy to work with? I don't
need even the slightest possibility of such aggravation in my life. I
would be a fool to embark on such an editing project.

It may sound reasonable and accommodating at first glance, until one
starts figuring out who is actually going to be willing to perform all
this selfless, thankless volunteer work, let alone be qualified to do
it. How many chimpanzees are we going to get working on "editing"
these publication(s)? Then, the project, that could now be fragmented
among several monkeys, would then have to be reassembled back in the
right order - all this eventually to be approved by you-know-who.

Yeah, right.

If I were a librarian responsible for maintaining the integrity of all
the scientific publications hosted at my web site I simply could not
afford to waste time babysitting the specific predilections of a
particular author, particularly when I have hundreds of other authors,
and thousands of their publications that I must deal with whom
fortunately appear to be far more accommodating, reasonable, and
easier to work with.

My two cents.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson