Hi,
[snip]
>Takahashi gives very strong arguments as to why
>the hypothesis of direct d-d fusion to He-4 is implausible.
[snip]
It is implausible unless the energy can be disposed of by fast electrons.

(I must confess however that I would prefer alpha particles ;)

BTW at his best power to weight ratio of 3 W / cc of Pd and at the current price
of Pd it would take 43 years for the Pd to pay for itself, assuming no interest,
power at 15 cents/ kWh, and 100% efficient conversion.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html