Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *With the exception of the natural gas industry and the centralized
> electric industry, all cold fusion obstructive forces are unpopular, weak
> and can be overcome.*

I think you are right. I hope you are right!

Still, I expect severe opposition, especially in the early stages. If the
public gets the wrong idea about cold fusion at first -- that it is
dangerous or it resembles fission -- the public relations campaign may be
arduous, and it may fail. The opposition will make every effort to give
people the wrong idea. That fellow Bjorn Lomborg is the most skilled person
at doing this I have ever seen. His ability to twist facts in support of the
unsupportable is awesome. I expect they will hire him to lead the charge
against cold fusion.

The battle against cold fusion for the last 22 years was almost successful.
It almost extinguished the research. It was carried out by a handful of
academic hacks -- Robert Park, Maddox and a few dozen others. They had the
quiet backing of many professors and editors who are sure that cold fusion
is pathological science. (They remain as sure of that as they were in March
1989.) They used no money, but only their positions of power and ability to
publish ad hominem attacks in the Washington Post and other mass media. The
next battle will be in far larger in scale, and I am sure that hundreds of
millions will be spent by the opposition on advertising campaigns and bribes
to members of Congress, mass media reporters, and others. It will not be
easy to overcome this.